The organization of EMCIS 2015, taking place between the 1st and 2nd of June in Athens, Greece placed an open call for papers on of of its tracks, Green Information Systems. The purpose of this track is to provide a forum for researchers and practitioners to exchange theoretical and practical knowledge on best practices of Green Information System (GIS) in public and private sector believing that IS and IT can play a meaningful role in monitoring the impact of transportation, agricultural activities, and manufacturing processes on environment and help policy makers and managers making decision to improve sustainability.
In this perspective EMCIS 2015 has placed an open call for papers from general scholars on topics of interest listed below, however not limited to, as well as EMCIS specially invites presentations of the ongoing EU funded project, MINI-CHIP (Project no. 611693), in which the development of a decision support system to minimize GHGs in maritime liner shipping is aimed.
Topics of interests include, but are not limited to:
- Application of Information Technology for Sustainability
- Impact of IT/IS on Environment
- Information systems for green transportation
- Decision support systems for minimising GHG in transportation
- Adoption of green practices in information management
- Policies for sustainable information systems
- Expert systems for best practices of energy management
- Optimization models for green information systems
- Smart Grid applications
- Behavioural issues in Smart Grids
- Information technology application for green logistics and supply chain management
- Green manufacturing information systems
- Diffusion of green information systems
- Awareness of green information systems
Please visit EMCIS 2015 for more information on paper submission.
Track Chairs: Habin Lee, Afshin Mansouri, Ahmet Bilici, Levent Demiriz